Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Joys of Marriage

On October 20, 2007, I was married to the most amazing, generous, handsome man. We have together over the last four or so years shared many adventures but no one prepared either of us for the concept of sharing or co-existing in the kitchen. Sure we together oohed and awwed over new wedding present, kitchen toys. But the "honeymoon" ended quicker than a prom dress can hit the floor. To this day, I am scarred when he attempts to cook, not because he isn't talented rather, the mess he makes prevents me for enjoying the meal and I am not OCD. Every prep bowl, every knife, ever stirring tool is utilized and left randomly on the counters. Not to mention he overlooks and gives no credence to the idea of cross contamination. Now in his defense, he does not often attempt to prepare a meal but none the less when he does, I end up cleaning up behind him. He claims I have slowly but surely displaced him and he no longer feels comfortable as I hover cleaning while he "creates". I pray for peace in our kitchen and we can find a way to coexist :)

1 comment:

Laurie Constantino said...

You'll definitely find a way.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin