Thursday, February 26, 2009

BB: Meringues Chantilly

Oh boy was this a doozy of an effort! I must preface my comments on this recipe with some background. I hate meringue. Since I committed to trying new recipes I made this with the hope that somehow I would grow to love meringues, I mean Ina never real steers one array....

The recipe was easy to follow and the approach straightforward, I couldn't help thinking so much effort so lackluster meringues? Even my husband didn't care for them and he generally likes meringue. Regardless I found the berry stew very tasty and will for sure use that in future desserts and you really can't fault a dessert with homemade whipped cream.

Thanks to BMK of Reservations Not Required (recipe may be found here) for the selection as sometimes you have to try to make something to reinforce the notion that you actually dislike it!

9 comments:

POM Wonderful said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
POM Wonderful said...

Hi there! Just wondering if you could shoot me an email with your contact information. Just had a question. Many thanks cheers! - Janny pomblogger@gmail.com

Spike said...

Glad you liked the berry part!

Peter M said...

Yes, I want...NOW! Is it ok to have this as a meal replacement?

Anonymous said...

I had pretty much the same reaction as you. We didn't eat the meringues - but LOVED the stewed berries.
Reading the other blogs makes me think I should have liked them, but sadly, I was disappointed.

Suzie said...

You poor thing. What a lot of effort to convince yourself you don't like it....

BMK said...

Sorry these weren't a winner for you! Thanks for at least giving them a try.

Anonymous said...

i was excited for this one at all but ended up loving the recipe. too bad it was lackluster for you.

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

As much as I love Ina, I get so bored when she does meringues over and over. I admit I've never tried them, but fear I would feel the same as you... They sure look pretty though!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin