Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Food Confession: Meyer Lemon

The term foodie frustrates me, I consider most human beings foodies, whether they find peace and satisfaction in the preparation or the consumption of the final product. There is a connotation associated with the term that assumes foodies are somehow superior to others that may lake in preparation skills but still love a well prepared meal. I think no other fruit excites foodies more than Meyer Lemons. Go ahead an google it and I assure you won't be disappointed. I look forward to this time of year when these gems are in season. The color is unreal and gives dishes a more orange citrus flavor. At $2.99 a pound at my local Wholepaycheck (Wholefoods), I use sparingly and find dishes where this fragrant star can shine. I used these "lemons" in every course of my Valentines Day feast but my most favorite use of this ingredient is creating Risotto cakes. So there I said it foodie is a four letter word in my book but Meyer Lemons are delightful.

2 comments:

Laurie Constantino said...

I've got to agree with you about the term "foodie" - it makes my skin crawl. Your rice cakes DO look wonderful!

Maria said...

Those look so unique and delicious. You know, I never tried Meyer lemons?! Must get a move on that ... but the price does seem a little prohibitive.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin