Sunday, January 18, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I am so not a baker. There is something intimidating about having to measure and ensure you don't substitute baking powder for baking soda or vice versa. Chocolate Chip Cookies are about American as the 4th of July and I literally salivate each time I pass Mrs. Fields. Such a simple concept a cookie which some how I still haven't mastered. This recipe was modified from my Gourmet cookbook. Don't get me wrong we consumed all of these cookies but I don't think it was an experience to write home about but then again not everything in life is a success.



Ingredients:
1 stick unsalted room temperature butter
1/3 cup li1ght brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 teaspoon good vanial extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup chocolate chip or wafers

Directions:
1.) Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2.) Beat butter and sugars until well combined and fluffy in electric mixer bowl fitted with paddle
3.) Beat in egg and vanila
4.) Add Flour at a very low speed
5.) Gently mix in Chocolate chips and nuts (optional)
5.) Place on baking sheet and bake for 6 to 7 minutes

1 comment:

Hallie Fae said...

For some reason I don't love any of the cookies I've made from Gourmet...I think I'm the opposite of you, baking is my thing and cooking and not having to measure freaks me out a bit. Love your blog. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin