Thursday, July 17, 2008

Pork Souvlaki




I love pork tenderloin and love anything on a stick. I make this in the winter on the indoor grill but there is nothing like grilling outside.
Ingredients:
1 medium Pork Tenderloin
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons oregano
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
1 vidalia or purple onion
2 large metal or bamboo skewers

Directions:
-Cut tenderloin into workable pieces. Combine olive oil, lemon, oregano, salt and pepper. Add pork and marinate overnight.

-Slice onion to appropriate size and load up skewers with onion and pork. Grill for 6 minutes on each side.

-Optional: Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, serve with a side of feta, hummus and pita bread


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had something like that when I was in Athina. Can't recalled if it's Souvlaki or Souvlakia :-|

I'm also a fan of Greek Feta besides Salepi, dolmathes & kafe ellinikos. I bought 1 kg of Feta and stuffed into my big luggage. I had to finish it within 4 months before went back to Southeast Asia :-D

I will return to Greece soon and this time am not sure how many kilos I will attack.. :-P

Blog Widget by LinkWithin