Thursday, April 9, 2009

BB: Asian Chicken Salad

Asian Chicken Salad is a nice spin on the more traditional mayo-based chicken salad. I really wanted to love this dish, but I found it was a bit heavy on peanut butter. The inclusion of fresh red pepper and roasted asparagus (as opposed to blanched asparagus) somewhat saved this dish, because it provided a much needed crunch. I halved this recipe and it still made a good amount. I will try this again with maybe just a small amount of peanut butter to keep the dressing together as well as black sesame seeds for some color contrast. Many thanks to McKenzie of Kenzie’s Kitchen for the selection. Please be sure to visit her blog for the recipe which is can be found, Barefoot Contessa Parties on page 98.

I have been a member of Barefoot Bloggers for a few months now and I have so much cooking through some wonderful recipes many of which I normally wouldn't try!

9 comments:

Jamie said...

I was not a huge fan of this even though it is gorgeous! Nice job!

chocolatechic said...

I am sorry that you didn't care for it.

I really enjoyed it.

Kate said...

Not a big fan, here, either, but yours is nicely done.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry it was a bust for you. Normally you don't see peanut butter without a balance of coconut milk. Maybe next time, you can tone it down with some coconut milk too.

~Cat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Your salad looks great! I swapped out the PB for a bit of almond butter and took out most of the salt and oil and really liked it.

McKenzie said...

Ohh . . . I wish you would have liked it more! But you never know until you try, right?

Penny said...

I forgogt to mention in my post that I cut back a bit on the peanut butter too. Yours looks luscious.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could omit the peanut butter, or reduce it to your taste.

BMK said...

Great picture. Sorry you weren't in love with it. I made this one a few years ago and it was way to salty. I'm a little behind this round on making it again but hopefully, the results will be better.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin